tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Fernández <afm...@tid.es>
Subject Re: Tomcat Rocks
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:16:45 GMT
Hi folks,

I agree with Nael. Tomcat is production-quality, open-source, has some
excellent Java developers actively working on it, and best of all: you
can ask them directly if there's any problem, they answer on a timely
basis.

Tomcat's power is not in full-page ads, visibility, phone support, or
any of the modern marketing ways -- it's in old-fashioned prestige,
community and mouth-to-mouth visibility.

It's true the documentation is a bit lacking in some points. But then,
you have tens of user guides and how-to's written by users, and you can
contribute some more if you want.

So, keep it up,

Alex.