tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitri Colebatch <d...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: newbie: At web servers.
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2001 11:42:54 GMT
LeRoi,

localhost is merely an alias for the loopback device (127.0.0.1).  find
out what the ipaddress of your machine is.  I'm assuming you're on
windows, I think the command is ipconfig on win98, or winipcfg on nt.
you'll need to type this at the command prompt rather than clicking on
the file, so (excuse me if I'm patronizing), go Start Menu -> Run ->
command, then when you're at the command prompt type ipconfig, it should
show you a series of numbers, the first of which (I think) is you're ip
address.  to check this, replace localhost with it to get the example
page up.  this will then work from any computer (depending on the
network you're on).

hope this helps
cheers
dim