tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitri Colebatch <d...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: where to put tag libraries
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:44:03 GMT
> If you put the jar under a WEB-INF/lib then it will be available only
> to the web app to which that WEB-INF belong.
yes - absolutely.  I suppose it depends if you want each app to be
depended on one thing, or allow them to vary independantly.

so $TOMCAT_HOME/lib => means _everything_ in tomcat will have access to
the classes.  Note that I say classes - there's still a requirement to
put the taglib.tld in the application context is there not?

$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myContext/WEB-INF/lib => means that only things in
myContext will have them.

I suppose the latter seems to make more sense to me because you need to
put the taglib.tld in each context... and that is directly bound to the
taglibs...

anyway, each to their own (o:  thats what they do, use whichever fits
your requirements best.

cheers
dim