tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brenda Mijares <>
Subject Problem running servlets on Apache using JNI
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 19:15:11 GMT
I found the following message, yet no reply ... I am having the same
problem except I'm running on Linux..
Does anyone know the solution, to make a basic call to a native method
from a class called from
a servlet??? Do you really need to change the file...

Appreciate any help.

From: "Michael Cohen (ETL)"
 Subject:  Tomcat + JNI
 Date:  Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:58:51 +0100

 I have just installed Apache1.3.14 + modssl + tomcat 3.2b5 on
 Solaris 2.6
 and am trying to call a native method from my servlet (this worked
 under JavaWebServer2.0).

 The shared library is definitely being loaded (ie no exception is
 thrown when I tried
 to load it separately, the lib is on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc) but
 is still being thrown indicating the implementation of  the native
 method is not

 I havent done anything special to tomcat for JNI, I was a bit
 baffled by the purpose
 jni_server.xml and files! I only need to call
 a C program from
 within a class called by the servlet, don't need to call java
 methods from the native

 Has anyone come across anything like this?

 Many thanks,

Brenda Mijares
Interact Incoporated
phone:512-502-9969 ext. 120