tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bragg, Casey" <Casey.Br...@allegiancetelecom.com>
Subject Trying to extend JNDIRealm
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 22:18:16 GMT
Hello :

   I'm trying to extend JNDIRealm in tomcat4 to implement my own digest
method for SHA1.

   When I use org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm, Tomcat starts up fine.
When I use my extension of JNDIRealm, I get the error listed below.  To
test, I made a duplicate of org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm and called
it org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm2.  I used the exact same Realm
descriptor listed below except that I referenced
org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm2.  Even though the code in the two
classes is identical, I still get the error listed below.  What am I doing
wrong?

Thanks!

Here's my realm entry in conf/server.xml :

      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
         connectionName="cn=withheld"
     connectionPassword="withheld"
          connectionURL="ldap://withheld:392"
            userPattern="uid={0},ou=people,o=withheld"
           userPassword="userpassword"
               roleBase="ou=groups,o=withheld"
               roleName="cn"
             roleSearch="(|(uniqueMember={0})(member={0}))"
            roleSubtree="false"
                  debug="99" />

The error :

more catalina.out
ERROR reading ../bin/../conf/server.xml
At Line 164 /Server/Service/Engine/Realm/

Catalina.start: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
        at org.apache.catalina.util.xml.AddChild.end(XmlMapper.java:806)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper.matchEnd(XmlMapper.java:419)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper.endElement(XmlMapper.java:119)
        at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.endElement(XMLReaderAdapter.java:347)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1497)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1700)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1468)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1700)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1468)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1700)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1468)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:499)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:304)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:433)
        at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.parse(XMLReaderAdapter.java:223)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:228)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:677)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:647)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:177)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:196)

Casey Bragg - Software Engineer
Allegiance Telecom, Inc.  Dallas, TX
469-259-2702 - casey.bragg@allegiancetelecom.com