tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eitan Ben Noach <Eit...@proficiency.com>
Subject RE: Using the <servlet> element on web.xml to define short name f or a servlet in a package
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 23:38:38 GMT
Thanks Michael,

The servlet-mapping element did solve the problem, although I've to put a
short web.xml containing this mapping in the webapps/admin/web-inf/
directory. Adding this mapping to the main web.xml under the tomcat root
directory, didn't help.
Is it suppose to behave like this?

Now, I'm trying to do the same but now with Apache as the HTTP server ( till
now I was running tomcat standalone ). It seems that there is need for
another change, since that in the new combination
http://localhost/admin/controller does not work - maybe apache does not
delegates the name 'controller' to Tomcat.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Eitan