tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Radvan <James.Rad...@argos.co.uk>
Subject RE: somewhat closer to proper tomcat operation
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:28:05 GMT
In my experience (admittedly Win2000/AIX) if you are using JDBC than
datasources are irrelevant.
The jsp will need to have details of your driver etc so that it can find the
database.
I'm assuming your jdbc.jar is a valid jdbc driver for Access (ODBC-JDBC
bridge?)

>> '(unknown)' is not a valid path. << // the jsp has no idea where to find
your database.
>> [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] << // is this correct? ODBC?

Being able to connect to your DSN via ODBC is not the same as being able to
make a JDBC connection.
I have Tomcat/Jetspeed working with JDBC/DB2 - though I had nightmares
getting it to work.  Good luck.

James Radvan
Websphere Analyst/Architect
London, UK