tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "D. Jay Newman" <...@sprucegrove.com>
Subject Re: tomcat on a home machine???
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:04:48 GMT
> I should add that I wanted to know if it is
> possible to install and use tomcat for test
> purposes. That is to develop and test programs
> at home and not make them available on the internet
> - not at least from my home machine.

You can install Tomcat on a home machine. There doesn't need to be
any connection to the internet other than to download all the stuff
you need (Tomcat, Java, that sort of thing).

I have Tomcat installed on a linux machine at home without any problems.
Setup could be easier, but its not a difficult task either. I created
a startup script for rc.d/init.d so that it would startup automatically.

Good luck.

I believe the license allows you to do pretty much whatever you want with
Tomcat.
--
D. Jay Newman                   ! For the pleasure and the profit it derives
jay@sprucegrove.com              ! I arrange things, like furniture, and