tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ros <rosario...@yahoo.com>
Subject URL rewriting ad nauseum
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:55:09 GMT
My site *has* to track sessions whilst allowing users to disable cookies.

In development so far i've been using tomcat with apache (using mod_jk).
This isn't going to work for the real thing (bug #1388)  As far as i can
see and if i understand right, i have 3 options:

1) Use Tomcat standalone
2) Use mod_jserv
3) Use something else other than Tomcat

None of these appeal particularly, but in the meantime, I have to do
something... so:

Firstly, does anyone know of the approximate comparative performance
difference between tomcat standalone and tomcat/apache with mod_jserv?
(given that most of my pages are jsp pages...)  Is there a huge
difference?

Secondly, does anyone have any recommendations for (my least favourite)
option three? (sorry)

With many thanks for any advice,
Rosario