tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Foo Shi Hao" <>
Subject TomCat Usage Problem
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 08:45:16 GMT
Hi, i got a problem using TomCat and i was wondering if anyone could help.
I'm using Win95 and TomCat 4.0 beta5. I installed TomCat and JDK 1.3.
I set the initial environment to 4096,edited the autoexec.bat,etc.

However, when i tried to run a JSP page to write data into a XML file with>>
<%@ page import="javax.xml.parsers.*,org.w3c.dom.*,*,java.util.*"%>
and it gives a error as follows
<<Error Start>>
A Servlet Exception Has Occurred

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPC:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b5\work\localhost\webdav\

Package javax.xml.parsers not found in import. import javax.xml.parsers.*;

C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b5\work\localhost\webdav\ Package org.w3c.dom not
found in import. org.w3c.dom.*;
<<Error End>>

Is it because i don't have the XML package?? if so, where to get it.
Some other questions:
1.When i log in as manager, how do i log out? Or do i have to?
2.When i create a new folder in webapps, it cannot work and the folder
  is not shown in manager list.Do i have to install and deploy it using the manager for it
to work?
if The folder is in "C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b5\webapps\star"
i tried http://localhost:8080/manager/install?path=/star&war=C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b5\webapps\star
but, can't...

Thanks for for you time!

Get your free email from with 30 Megs of disk space in webhosting and e-mail