tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Hughes <>
Subject Jakarta Tomcat NT service stopping itself
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 14:08:44 GMT

I have just set up Tomcat to run as an NT service
(carefully following the how to from the doc).

Everything works fine while I am logged on to the
machine that I have set the service up on i.e. I can
connect up from a client and request servlets and

However, when I log off from the server it appears
that the service is stopping, Tomcat will not service
requests. This is confirmed by the fact that when I
log back on again, the service has been stopped.

When I look in Control Panel\Services, the tomcat
service is set up exactly the same way as other
services and these services work fine (whether I am
logged on to the server or not).

Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at
or your free address at

View raw message