tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rui M . Silva Seabra" <...@multicert.com>
Subject Re: make ajp13 as the default worker
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 12:44:07 GMT
On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 01:18:26PM +0100, pedro salazar wrote:
> I installed recently the mod_jk on my tomcat/apache system. I include in my
> httpd.conf the "tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto" that is automatic generated
> when the tomcat starts. The default JkMount entries in "mod_jk.conf-auto"
> use always the ajp12 worker. If I want to use the ajp13 I must replace all
> the ajp12 entries with ajp13, and only after that I can start apache.
> How should I modify my server.xml or web.xml to use by default [I mean that
> the mod_jk.conf-auto reflects always those changes] the ajp13? I just can't
> remove the ajp12 because tomcat needs it for shutdown...

Have you not read my email? DO NOT USE mod_jk.conf-auto
Look into it, learn the flags you need to use, and change accordingly.

You do not need to change server.xml or web.xml for that. It's a problem with the generation
of mod_jk.conf-auto.

On another note:

 you do not, I repeat... you do NOT ever need to restart apache because of shutting down or
starting up tomcat.

that would only be needed if you insist on using mod_jk.conf-auto (which is evil) and constantly
make changes to the servlets server configuration.

I am trying to get time to make a tomcat howto that's a little more explicit than the docs
on the web page for begginners. I hope I have time to do it.

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?