tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rainer Schweigkoffer" <kw...@sap.com>
Subject About GET and POST methods
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 13:07:26 GMT
Hi folks !

Being a newbie concerning the use of Tomcat I am marvelling about the
following :

On SunOS 5.8 I have installed Tomcat 3.2.1 connected to Apache 1.3.19
via mod_jk.so with both an AJP12 (port 8007) and an AJP13 (port 8009)
handler installed.

The Apache Server is listening on ports 80, 1080, 2080 and 8080, while,
for test purposes, I added a Tomcat Http Connection handler on
port 7080.

Now, we have written a test servlet with differing doGet and doPost
methods and an HTML page containing a form that uses method POST, and
we observe the following behaviour :

o When defining the form's action to directly invoke the servlet via
  Tomcat on port 7080, method doPost is invoked,

o however, when defining action to invoke the servlet via Apache
  on one of the other ports mentioned above, always method doGet
  is invoked.

Is there any explanation for that - at least to me - surprising
behaviour ? Did I overlook anything ? Or is it intended to work
that way ?

Thank you very much for your kind assistance
Rainer

------
All statements above reflect my personal opinion only.  Speaking for my
company is highly above my salary.