tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Anstis <m.ans...@searchspace.com>
Subject RE: Compiling JSP's under Solaris
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:54:45 GMT
James,
Using Tomcat version 3.2.1.
Have tried all methods of influencing classpath and writing it out, am being
told that tools.jar is included but still no compilation.
Is the classpath given to SunJavaCompiler.class that makes the call?

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Williamson, James [mailto:James.Williamson@windsor.co.uk]
Sent: 01 June 2001 14:33
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Compiling JSP's under Solaris

Martin,

When you mention tools.jar is in the classpath, are we talking of you
setting in within the shell script that launches tomcat or the enviornment
(aka shell) which you invoke the script from. Looking at the shell script
that starts up tomcat (tc4) it appears that it doesn't adopt the classpath
within the shell that invoked it. Why don't you put some debug statements
inside this script which tell you exactly what classpath it's using?

Regards,

James