tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hughes, Tim" <tim.hug...@cgey.com>
Subject RE: tomcat log file behaviour
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:48:32 GMT
Hi,

(Tomcat 3.2.1, Windows 2000, JDK 1.3.1)

Does anyone know what the behaviour of log files is in Tomcat?

I have noticed that each time that Tomcat is restarted, the log files get
wiped clean.

What happens if I have Tomcat running as a NT service? Do the files get
wiped after a certain time period or do they just grow and grow until the
files reach some maximum size. If so what happens then?

What advice would you give me on how to setup the logfiles for Tomcat
running as an NT service.

I have not seen any information about this in the documentation or any
relevant information in the archives.

Thanks.

Tim Hughes

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriel Marti [mailto:martigabriel@hotmail.com]
Sent: 29 June 2001 02:36
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: somewhat closer to proper tomcat operation

Click here to visit the Argos home page http://www.argos.co.uk

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be
privileged and confidential, and is intended exclusively for the addressee.
The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of
the originator.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution,
dissemination or use of this communication is not authorised.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by
using the reply facility in your e-mail software.
All messages sent and received by Argos Ltd are monitored for virus, high
risk file extensions, and inappropriate content.  As a result users should
be aware that mail may be accessed.

of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain,
copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.