tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Arsenault" <...@elmsquare.com>
Subject Found my problem!
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 21:32:28 GMT
Thanks all but I found my problem and it's me. I'm my own worst enemy. I was invalidating the
session is I didn't find JServSessionId in the url. I forgot to take that code out when I
changed to Tomcat. Oops.

Carry on......
----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Arsenault
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 4:05 PM
Subject: invalid sessions with jsp and url rewriting

I am currently changing from using jserv to using tomcat. I have a jsp website that has been
working fine and still works fine under jserv but when I run it under tomcat, my sessions
are becoming invalidated. I'm using url rewriting and I have noticed that tomcat is using
the ';jsessionid=*?' format instead of the '?JServSessionId=*' format of jserv.

There are 2 different situations where this occurs in:
1) When setting up HTML frames - My index.jsp sets up 3 HTML frames, each calling a different
jsp file. With tomcat, most of the time the 3rd frame's jsp gets a new session instead of
the one created in index.jsp. Once in a while it does get the same session, but its not reliable.
2) When using the jsp:include - Most of my jsp pages use jsp:include to include another 'global'
jsp file. With tomcat, a new session is created every time in the 'included' jsp.

Seems to work fine otherwise.

Software versions:
Apache 1.3.12
Jakarta-Tomcat 3.2.1 with mod_jk module