tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Arsenault" <...@elmsquare.com>
Subject invalid sessions with jsp and url rewriting
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:05:02 GMT
I am currently changing from using jserv to using tomcat. I have a jsp website that has been
working fine and still works fine under jserv but when I run it under tomcat, my sessions
are becoming invalidated. I'm using url rewriting and I have noticed that tomcat is using
the ';jsessionid=*?' format instead of the '?JServSessionId=*' format of jserv.

There are 2 different situations where this occurs in:
1) When setting up HTML frames - My index.jsp sets up 3 HTML frames, each calling a different
jsp file. With tomcat, most of the time the 3rd frame's jsp gets a new session instead of
the one created in index.jsp. Once in a while it does get the same session, but its not reliable.
2) When using the jsp:include - Most of my jsp pages use jsp:include to include another 'global'
jsp file. With tomcat, a new session is created every time in the 'included' jsp.

Seems to work fine otherwise.

Software versions:
Apache 1.3.12
Jakarta-Tomcat 3.2.1 with mod_jk module