tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Muffett" <ma...@its-axiom.com>
Subject j_security_check
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:24:56 GMT
I've read everything I can find on the list, and in the documentation and I still can't get
"FORM" authentication to work.

I'm using tomcat 3.2.2.  I'm accessing Tomcat directly (via port 8080) - I've turned Apache
off to make sure that it doesn't get in the way.

Tomcat correctly redirects to my login page, but then pressing submit gets the message "The
page cannot be found" & it's looking for a page called j_security_check.  I have:

form method="POST" action="j_security_check" >
 Username: <input type="text" name="j_username"><br>
Password: <input type="password" name="j_password"><br>
etc

in my login.jsp.

I've put

JkMount  /VP/j_security_check * ajp13

in my mod_jk.conf (in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/ - but I don't know whether Tomcat is reading it).

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Mark Muffett