tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ian Goodchild" <Ian.Goodch...@diverseylever.com>
Subject Re: Greek encoding in Java Servlet Output
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 10:21:41 GMT
Hi Sassa

We are experiencing similar problems. We are using an Oracle database in the
UTF8 charset and were accessing thru JDBC thin with nlscharset classes.

    DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
    connection =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@server:1521:TEST",username,pa
sswd);

However we had problems with various characters so we changed to the thick
driver

    Enumeration e = DriverManager.getDrivers();
    Connection connection =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:TPSO",username,passwd);

and also added the following lines in the servlet.

  response.setContentType("text/html;charset=UTF-8");
  out.println("<meta http-equiv=\"Content-Type\"
content=\"text/html;charset=UTF-8\">");

This is however only tested for IE5.5.

Ian