tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kotsari Aspasia <sa...@copelouzos.com.gr>
Subject Greek encoding in Java Servlet Output
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:06:23 GMT
Hi all!

I am facing the following problem:

I have made a Java servlet that reads HTML form data and sends it to an
e-mail address.
When the data is in Latin characters (ISO-8859-1, I assume) the output is
ok.
However, when the form data is in Greek it appears as "???????" in the
e-mail.

I know it's a problem of Internationalization and bytes.

I have tried both PrintStream and PrintWriter, and also ISO-8859-7 and
Cp1253 for the encoding, as well as other modified Writer classes, but no
result.

Does anyone have any idea on how to get rid of those fussy questionmarks
that are giving me quite a headache?

Thanx a lot! :)

Sassa.-