tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Sutton" <m...@marksutton.worldonline.co.uk>
Subject Tomcat causing crashes, please help
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:24:30 GMT
I have just installed Tomcat 3.2.2  as a standalone on Win2000 Pro,
P2-400MHz, 196MB.
I have also
installed j2se 1.3.0_03 and j2ee 1.2.1.  Apart from changing JAVA_HOME,
TOMCAT_HOME and CLASSPATH (to enable the quick compiling of classes), I have
made no changes to the startup, shutdown and tomcat batch files.

However, when running, it frequently crashes my otherwise stable system;
completely and without warning.  Sometimes it crashes when I shutdown
tomcat.  This even includes the default Tomcat html
page.  Opening the Tomcat
index file produces the following output in the command window:

2001-06-25 10:55:15 - Ctx(  ): IOException in: R(  + /index.html + null)
Connection aborted by peer:
 socket write error
2001-06-25 10:55:16 - Ctx(  ): IOException in: R(  + /tomcat-power.gif +
null) Connection aborted by
 peer: socket write error

As I'm about to embark on a servlet development project, this is quite a
worry for me.

Thanks.