tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Muffett" <ma...@its-axiom.com>
Subject Re: j_security_check
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:23:12 GMT
Thanks, but it makes no difference.  Is there any easy way to be sure that my mod_jk.conf is
being used?

Mark
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pae Choi
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 1:11 PM
  Subject: Re: j_security_check

  Try action="/VP/j_security_check" while assuming that the rest of the
  setup is correct.

  Pae

    I've read everything I can find on the list, and in the documentation and I still can't
get "FORM" authentication to work.

    I'm using tomcat 3.2.2.  I'm accessing Tomcat directly (via port 8080) - I've turned Apache
off to make sure that it doesn't get in the way.

    Tomcat correctly redirects to my login page, but then pressing submit gets the message
"The page cannot be found" & it's looking for a page called j_security_check.  I have:

    form method="POST" action="j_security_check" >
     Username: <input type="text" name="j_username"><br>
    Password: <input type="password" name="j_password"><br>
    etc

    in my login.jsp.

    I've put

    JkMount  /VP/j_security_check * ajp13

    in my mod_jk.conf (in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/ - but I don't know whether Tomcat is reading
it).

    Any ideas?

    Many thanks

    Mark Muffett