tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: Objects in Vector are loosing type
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 08:06:26 GMT
On Wed, 2 May 2001, Joel Parramore wrote:

| Well, Endre, comments such as "classloading is totally fucked", while having
| a nice kewl sound-bite quality, really don't explain what is going on too
| well to someone who hasn't encountered the problem before.

It's just that it kind of annoys me. It's definately an huge itch, but I
don't have the time to scratch it. Stupid thing to say, but what's
annoying is that it's not quite recongized by the developers as a problem,
which truly puzzles me..

I have to restart tomcat each and every time I make one single change to
_anyting_ of my code. This is the most time consuming part of developing
on Tomcat, I feel. (How's Jetty doing, btw??)

Also, forgot to mention, the reloader doesn't notice if any _other_
classes have changed, e.g. your User object or whatever. Only the directly
affected Servlet, and only the first one hit, will get reloaded.

If not totally fucked, it's definately pretty messed up..!

;)

Endre