tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk build on Solaris
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 22:00:41 GMT
Your apxs script is set up fpr cc and the options don't match up for gcc.
Here is the config section from my apxs.

Try fixing your apxs like this (excuse the line wraps):

my $CFG_TARGET        = q(httpd);            # substituted via
Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_CC            = q(gcc);                # substituted via
Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_CFLAGS        = q( -DSOLARIS2=260 -DMOD_PERL -DUSE_PERL_SSI
-I/usr/local/include -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/
expat-lite `../apaci`);            # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_CFLAGS_SHLIB  = q(-fPIC -DSHARED_MODULE);      # substituted via
Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_LD_SHLIB      = q(ld);          # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_LDFLAGS_SHLIB = q(-G); # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_LIBS_SHLIB    = q();        # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_PREFIX        = q(/export/home/test/apache8368);            #
substituted via APACI install
my $CFG_SBINDIR       = q(/export/home/test/apache8368/bin);           #
substituted via APACI install
my $CFG_INCLUDEDIR    = q(/export/home/test/apache8368/include);        #
substituted via APACI install
my $CFG_LIBEXECDIR    = q(/export/home/test/apache8368/libexec);        #
substituted via APACI install
my $CFG_SYSCONFDIR    = q(/export/home/test/apache8368/conf);        #

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Mark Crouch wrote:

> I have read several postings on this list and have yet to find a working
> solution, hence the need for this post. I am attempting to build the
> mod_jk.so on Solaris for Apache 1.3.9, with the following command "apxs -o
> mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk -I/usr/java/include -I/usr/java/include/solaris
> -c *.c ../jk/*.c".
>
> I am receiving the following error messages "cc: unrecognized option
> '-Kpic'. I have read the other posts regarding using gcc, which is what I am
> doing, and still get this error. I have basically created a link to cc from
> gcc, seeing apxs is set up for cc.
>
> If anyone has information on how to get mod_jk build on Solaris, or knows of
> the location of a binary, I appreciate it greatly!
>
> Mark Crouch
> Web Application Developer
> Voice: (616) 913-4103
> Fax: (616) 456-5250
>  <<...>>

"Mon aeroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"

John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services Group