tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bip Thelin <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Application with distributed resources
Date Thu, 17 May 2001 16:28:28 GMT
On Thu, 17 May 2001, Twylite wrote:

> [...]
>
> 1. Sessions are not shared between servers.  Although I do not store any information
in sessions (at this stage,
> at least), I need to transfer a user's identity and roles between servers.  At the moment
a redirection to another
> server means the user have to log in again, which is obviously unacceptable.

There is VERY experimental work made on Clustering servers and the ability to
replicate sessions in memory. However you have to run your tomcat's with
a frontend, i.e. a network dispatcher. I'm not sure if this is what you
want to do. However it's not heavily tested and considered highly
experimental, and did I mention it's for Tomcat 4.x only.

However if you do wanna try this out I can tell you howto set it up and enable
it since it's not a documented feature.

	..bip