tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Devon Ziegler" <devon.zieg...@channelogics.com>
Subject RE: NEWBIE: having problem starting new app
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 13:45:48 GMT
Sounds like you have server.xml set up to watch for http connections on port
8080.  Look for port Parameters in there and set them to 80 IF you have
root/admin rights on the machine, otherwise you will have to run it on a
higher port like 8080.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ajay Ejantkar [mailto:ajej.geo@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 9:21 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: NEWBIE: having problem starting new app

I am setting up a test app, using the Ant tool. The files go into the
proper directory I have setup (/webapps/myapps), but when I try to
access them on the browser it doesn't work properly unless I use the
port number. I have to type http://localhost:8080/myapp/, if I type
just
http://localhost/myapp/ it doesn't work. I have been able to use the
example/servlet directory by typing that in as in
http://localhost/example/serlet. I know this is set up by the
apache-tomcat.conf file which is created everytime I start up the
tomcat server. When I look at the conf file everything seems proper the
myapps section is as follows:

Alias /myapp "C:/ApacheGroup/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/webapps/myapp"
<Directory "C:/ApacheGroup/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/webapps/myapp">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /myapp/servlet /myapp
<Location "/myapp/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
<Directory
"C:/ApacheGroup/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Directory>
<Location "/myapp/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
<Directory
"C:/ApacheGroup/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/webapps/myapp/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Directory>

Thanks for any help on this.