tomcat-users mailing list archives

From greyson.sm...@convergys.com
Subject What is the value of auto-assigning beans?
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 16:58:58 GMT
This question may be asked out of ignorance, but it seems to me that using
the tag:

<jsp:useBean id="MyBean" scope="session" class="Test.MyBean" />
<jsp:setProperty name="MyBean" property="*" />

to assign values from form fields to the bean is of limited use.

Let's assume that there are 2 text fields, A and B on Jsp1.jsp, with B
being required.  I have some code that checks to make sure B is populated,
if it's not, the browser returns to Jsp1.jsp.

The problem I run into is that I can populate A with a value, submit the
form, get returned to Jsp1.jsp, delete A and populate B, submit the form,
and continue.  I how have values for both A and B, even though A was blank.

I suspect that I'm not the first person to ask this question, is there an
obvious solution that I missed, if not, what do other people do to get
around this problem; do all of the assignements by hand?

Thanks.

--

NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or