tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel.Str...@t-online.de (Daniel Strobl)
Subject AW: tomcat.policy Problem
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 09:09:51 GMT
I tracked the problem down to the codeBase part of a grant Entry. If I add a
grant without a codeBase it works fine. Do you now how to avoid the problem
because I really need the codeBase entry because we have different grants
for different users ( /home/user1, /home/user2 etc)

Thanks for your help

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Daniel Strobl [mailto:Daniel.Strobl@t-online.de]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 29. April 2001 16:38
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: tomcat.policy Problem

I'am running Tomcat 3.2 with -security. I have included an entry in
tomcat.policy to grant read, write Permissions from
<tomcat_home>/webapps/examples/- to <tomcat_home>/webapps/examples/-, but
Tomcat still gives me an AccessViolation on any JSP and servlet trying to
access (create) a file in <tomcat_home>/webapps/examples/.
Did I miss to set things in server.xml or do I have to use other directories
than /webapps (maybe Tomcat assigns default Permissions overriding the ones
in tomcat.policy)?

Thanks for your help.

Daniel