tomcat-users mailing list archives

From saur...@cysphere.com (Saurabh Shukla)
Subject RE: performance problem - too many processes
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 13:20:31 GMT

You can try the following things to make tomcat faster.

1) keep the log level low.

2) Set reloadable=false(Disable Servlet Auto-Reloading ) As it is very
expensive.

3) Configure PoolTcpConnector depending on the number of requests/load.(this
should help a lot).

Can u tell how much RAM or perecntage of RAM are tomcat's processess using ?

4) Give more RAM to tomcat.(if i am right the default setting is for 64MB).
So even though you would be having 256 MB RAM but then u might not be using
it optimally.

Even i had similar problems, and tomcat's performance had improoved a lot
after working on the
above mentioned points.

HTH,

Shuklix