tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Zen" <dan...@zendigital.com>
Subject Virtual Host Context Aliasing
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 15:55:38 GMT
I would think this would be a common question, but I couldn't find it
documented, nor asked on this list.

Very often domains are served from 2 urls (www.zzz.net & zzz.net) with the
same functionality. When I configure my virtual hosts in Apache's httpd.conf
this is easy:

<VirtualHost _default_:80>
 ServerName www.zzz.net
 ServerAlias zzz.net
 DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/zzz
 <Directory "/home/httpd/html/zzz/WEB-INF">
  Options None
  Deny from all
 </Directory>
 JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
 JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

The following properly placed in server.xml creates 2 seperate contexts for
the same set of servlets and JSPs. Functional, but a little wasteful.

  <Host name="www.zzz.net" >
       <Context path="" docBase="/home/httpd/html/zzz"
        crossContext="true" debug="0" reloadable="true" trusted="false" />
  </Host>

  <Host name="zzz.net" >
       <Context path="" docBase="/home/httpd/html/zzz"
        crossContext="true" debug="0" reloadable="true" trusted="false" />
  </Host>

Now, I how do I do an alias Context in Tomcat's server.xml so that there is
only one Host/Context with multiple names??????

Thank you in advance.

Daniel Zen