tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin van den Bemt" <m...@mvdb.com>
Subject RE: out of ideas on an error
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 22:01:50 GMT
We had the problem also, I'm just giving some ideas, because at that time I
didn't have the time to "cleanly" solve the problem..

These are things that were at that moment going on :

- Having java files in the classes directory which are not the same.
- Some compiled classes are not compiled in classic mode.
- Make a "compiled" export with visual age and also export the java files
(see the first one).

Our solution : delete all the classes and compile it again...

Mvgr,
Martin

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Kevin Fonner [mailto:fonnerk@greenfern.com]
  Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 4:03 AM
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: out of ideas on an error

  I am attempting to set up a servlet which acts as and rmi client.  I am
getting an error which I don't understand.  Are their additional securitys I
have to set or something??
  Here's the error

  Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass(ClassLoader.java:588)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveClassLoader.j
ava:518)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveServletLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveServletLoad
er.java:174)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:265)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:289)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at
7)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
	at
onnectionHandler.java:210)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)