tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig O'Brien" <>
Subject RE: Apache and Tomcat integration
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 11:43:24 GMT
You really need to build your own mod_jk for it to work.  It will be
different with nearly every system configuration.  I use Mandrake 7.2 as
well and the binary from Jakarta-Apache does not work with this system.

Our friend Adam Fowler has built one for Mandrake 7.2 which works and you
can get it at

-----Original Message-----
From: Tarwinder Dhak []
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 3:40 AM
To: 'Tomcat'
Subject: Apache and Tomcat integration

Hi all,

I'm trying to get apache and Tomcat 3.2.1 to talk to each other using (downloaded from the internet, not compiled) with the ajp13
protocol (on Mandrake 7.2).  I've got Tomcat running as a stand alone web
server executing servlets and jsp files.  I've also got Apache loading the module while using mod_jk.conf-auto file generated by tomcat.

The problem I've got is that apache doesn't seem to be relaying any servlet
or jsp requests to tomcat on port 8009.  Instead it just tries to serve the
pages as normal (I've been using the examples supplied by tomcat).

I think tomcat is definitely listening on port 8009 because if I telnet or
http request that port it does actually connect (using the netstat -l

This is starting to drive me around the twist!!

Tarwinder Dhak

Transact Group

Legal Disclaimer: Internet email communications are not secure and
therefore the NetInvest Group does not accept legal responsibility for
the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely
NetInvest Group unless otherwise specifically stated.

View raw message