tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Bezdicek" <thomas.bezdi...@engnetworld.com>
Subject AW: TOMCAT and ORACLE
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 08:03:30 GMT
Hi,
is the oracle machine able to do a reverse namelookup of your machine? if
not, it should.

regards, tom
  -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
  Von: Lim SiewLing [mailto:siewlinglim@hotmail.com]
  Gesendet: Dienstag, 1. Mai 2001 19:23
  An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Betreff: TOMCAT and ORACLE

  Hi,
  I'm currently engaged on a school project which uses Tomcat3.2.1, ORACLE
and Java to develop an intranet application.
  My program run smoothly when retrieving data in Access database but the
data could not be retrieve using ORACLE. The error message that I get is
"The Network adapter could not establish a connection".
  Could anyone please help me by telling me what is the problems of
connecting the Tomcat to the ORACLE? I had start the listener and the ORACLE
database but still got the same error.
  Do I need to configure the server.xml or web.xml file? Please help
me....Your help will be very much appreciated.

  Regards,
  Josephine