tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Asa Bar-David" <...@dortal.co.il>
Subject RE: change default servlet
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 22:23:20 GMT
Thanks for the reply,

when deploying a WAR file I always need to add the WAR file name before the
"/servlet/"
for example: if the WAR file name is Tash.war when posting to a servlet I
need to write /Tash/servlet/servletName.
On the IDE I'm using (Forte for java)the default servlet uri is /servlet/
with no need to add the lib name "Tash" before it.
so anything I do on the IDE will not work on tomcat because it's looking for
the "Tash" before the /servlet/.

what can I do to easily deploy war file from the IDE to
tomcat with out the need to add the WAR file name before the /servlet/

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Layman [mailto:randy.layman@aswethink.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 4:21 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: change default servlet

	Either create a mapping in the web.xml file (using <servlet> and
<servlet-mapping> tags, or edit the server.xml file and change the
ServletInvoker's prefix.  The first is definitely the preferred method since
its supported by the JSP Spec and doesn't affect any other servlets.  The
second is less flexible.

	Randy