tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Sifuentes" <bsifuen...@cysive.com>
Subject RE: Using JDBCRealms
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 14:48:43 GMT
I'm trying to utilize teh JDBCRealm also. I see you are trying to get some
of the same information I am. Did you get a response for your previos e-mail

-Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: William Kaufman [mailto:WKaufman@viquity.com]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 8:05 PM
To: Tomcat Users (E-mail)
Subject: Using JDBCRealms

(Tomcat version 3.2.1.)

I'm trying to use JDBCRealm to manage access to some static files.  Is there
any documentation for that?

I've successfully configured authorization in web.xml (though it only seems
to work if the files are under webapps/ROOT--that's OK for what I'm doing,
but I am curious about why that is).

But I can't seem to get JDBCRealm (or my own subclass of that) to get
called.  I've added,

    <RequestInterceptor
        className="org.apache.tomcat.request.JDBCRealm"
        debug="99"
        driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
        connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:adb"
        connectionName="metax"
        connectionPassword="tiger"
        userTable="contacts"
        userNameCol="username"
        userCredCol="password"
        userRoleTable="user_roles"
        roleNameCol="role" />

to my conf\server.xml, and commented out the SimpleRealm interceptor.
JDBCRealm is on my classpath--"javap" can print it.  And that JDBC
connection works fine outside of JDBCRealms, so it's not a JDBC issue.

Near as I can figure, Tomcat isn't even loading the class.  Is there some
debugging I can turn on in Tomcat to see what's going wrong?

                                                            -- Bill K.