tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "RODGERS,RICK (HP-Cupertino,ex3)" <rick_rodg...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Why does Internet Explorer think it is offline?
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 22:16:59 GMT

--
Thanks for your info. But please tell me what makes an "active internet

connection" ? I am hooked up to a switch and I have tomcat running on the

system I am using. Doesn't this make for an "active internet connection"?

Rick

[RODGERS,RICK (HP-Cupertino,ex3)]  -----Original Message-----
From: MTiffany71@aol.com [mailto:MTiffany71@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 1:19 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Why does Internet Explorer think it is offline?

Your problem has nothing to do with Tomcat, or Apache, or any other server
on
god's green earth...

The problem isn't a problem, it's just IE checking for an active internet
connection and not finding one. Just click "try again" and it'll find the
server. There is, to my knowledge, no way around it.

Netscape, BTW, does not behave in this fashion. It's just a MonopolySoft,
err, Microsoft quirk.

regards,
MTiffany