tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Ramos" <pauldra...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat.log
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 20:54:02 GMT
<P>How about a cron to remove them daily or at specific intervals. I have not run into
the same problem. However all my logs on all my servers get deleted or moved on a regular
basis.<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>From: Georges Boutros <GBOUTROS@INTERSTARINC.COM>
<DIV></DIV>Reply-To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
<DIV></DIV>To: "Tomcat (E-mail)" <TOMCAT-USER@JAKARTA.APACHE.ORG>
<DIV></DIV>Subject: tomcat.log
<DIV></DIV>Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 14:14:25 -0400
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>hi,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>i'm testing the durability of tomcat under a heavy attack of users
,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>i got a problem with the tomcat.log and jasper.log , those 2 files
got so
<DIV></DIV>big they took all the available space on my harddisk
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>which have failed my test.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>does anyone know how to manage the log files not to get so big.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>thanks
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Georges
<DIV></DIV><br clear=all><hr>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer