tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mohamed imdadullah" <>
Subject Difficult question Urgent!!!
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

Hhi all,

I have Tomcat running under apache, i have been able to have same
authentication for both apache (serving perl) and tomcat(serving jsp).

The problem is , after authenticating user in jsp, i need to get the user
name of the person who has logged in to make further queries with the

I dunno how it is done, i dont even know whether it could could be retrieved
from the http session.

iam pretty sure that the user name can be extracted as the apache maintains
a different session for the perl part and another for the jsp part

any ideas would be appreciated