tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Keith Willis" <keithwil...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat & IIS
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
I have actually done this.  And that works fine.   The problem is that I
cannot have jsp files in the wwwroot directory that I have IIS pointed at.

The redirect works fine...  I have the samples loading up and everything.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Keith

----Original Message Follows----
From: Allan Kamau <hugebirdwings@yahoo.com>
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat & IIS
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 02:43:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Willis and others installing tomcat and IIS

You will need to configure IIS and install a filter
that will forward requests to Tomcat.
I don't remember the exact steps.The how to docs in
Tomcat/docs directory provide detailed explanations on
the same.
Basically you will need to visit the tomcat download
page, move into the win32/ directory and download
files from there, you will end up using only one of
the dlls included here. Extract the dll (from it's zip
format) and copy it to a directory .. you will get
more information from the docs.
You will need to create a vitual directory in the
site(s) you have created in your IIS.
At the end. You should be able to run your .asp and
.htm[l] files with IIS handling those and your
servlets and .jsp files being handled by Tomcat. You
can even access servlets in the contexts you've
defined.

Allan Kamau.