tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hawkins, Keith (Keith)" <kphawk...@avaya.com>
Subject RE: "Unsafe path..." - What is Tomcat trying to tell me?
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 12:15:34 GMT
Would this have anything to do with the special checking that
Tomcat does to make sure a request URL is not requesting files
within the WEB-INF directory which gets special treatment by
Tomcat.  I see this in the ISAPI filter logs where it checks
to see that a request URL is not attempting to access WEB-INF
before forwarding the request to Tomcat.

This is just a hunch.

-Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: beeky@bellatlantic.net [mailto:beeky@bellatlantic.net]
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2001 9:54 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: "Unsafe path..." - What is Tomcat trying to tell me?

I am trying to run Cocoon 1.8.2 with Tomcat 3.2.1 on Win95.  During
Cocoon initialization a null pointer exception is thrown and Tomcat
issues the following message:

2001-05-03 03:52:02 - Ctx( /cocoon ): Unsafe path
C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\webapps\cocoon \Web-inf\cocoon.properties

It appears that Tomcat will not let Cocoon get at its' properties file.
I tried mucking around with the Tomcat policy file but nothing I tried
made any difference.

Thanks in advance,
--beeky