tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Penberthy, Bill" <BPenber...@IQNavigator.com>
Subject Developing on a different platform from production
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 14:54:38 GMT
Generally, we try to to develop and test on the same platforms (Solaris)
that we will be deploying on - but I am curious as to whether that is really
necessary.  Has anyone ran into issues of developing and testing on one
platform and deploying on another?  I would like to put some Linux machines
out there (a bit cheaper...) for development and testing - but am wondering
if this could cause problems as we deploy onto the Sunboxes.  Your thoughts,
experiences, and comments would be welcome.

Thanks!

Bill Penberthy
Sr. Functional Architect
IQNavigator