tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sadasivakurup, Jiji L." <>
Subject RE: tomcat3.2 as NT-Service
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 15:00:10 GMT

There is a known problem
<> in JDK
1.3 that affects Java applications being run as Windows NT services. The bug
causes the service to terminate when the currently logged in user logs out.
The simplest way to work around this problem is to use JDK 1.2. If your
application requires JDK 1.3 features then you may want to look into
javaserv <> or JavaService
<>. Users have reported
success with both of these packages but there may be others that work as

-----Original Message-----
From: Jürgen Wartenberg []
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 9:33 AM
To: ''
Subject: tomcat3.2 as NT-Service

I have installed Tomcat as NT_Service and I have changed the start mode to

If I make a reboot, the Service starts and all looks fine.

If I only log out and make a new log in, the Service does not start !

Can anyone help ?

Juergen Wartenberg       -
in-GmbH                  -
Am Seerhein 8            - Tel: ++49 (0)7531/8145-51
D-78467 Konstanz         - Fax: ++49 (0)7531/8145-81
Informieren Sie sich auf unserer neuen Homepage über
Webapplikationen "Weblet by in"(TM)

View raw message