tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "WEST, Peter" <Peter.W...@sema.co.uk>
Subject RE: Virtual Host Context Aliasing
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 17:27:28 GMT
 shot in the dark, but have you tried this...
the actual domains shouldnt need doing in tomcat if Apache is forwarding
them,
its already happened.

<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            ServletName
        </servlet-name>

        <url-pattern>
            /servlets/ServletName
        </url-pattern>

        <url-pattern>
            /servlets/AnotherServletName
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Zen [mailto:daniel@zendigital.com]
Sent: 29 May 2001 16:56
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Virtual Host Context Aliasing

I would think this would be a common question, but I couldn't find it
documented, nor asked on this list.

Very often domains are served from 2 urls (www.zzz.net & zzz.net) with the
same functionality. When I configure my virtual hosts in Apache's httpd.conf
this is easy:

<VirtualHost _default_:80>
 ServerName www.zzz.net
 ServerAlias zzz.net
 DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/zzz
 <Directory "/home/httpd/html/zzz/WEB-INF">
  Options None
  Deny from all
 </Directory>
 JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
 JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

The following properly placed in server.xml creates 2 seperate contexts for
the same set of servlets and JSPs. Functional, but a little wasteful.

  <Host name="www.zzz.net" >
       <Context path="" docBase="/home/httpd/html/zzz"
        crossContext="true" debug="0" reloadable="true" trusted="false" />
  </Host>

  <Host name="zzz.net" >
       <Context path="" docBase="/home/httpd/html/zzz"
        crossContext="true" debug="0" reloadable="true" trusted="false" />
  </Host>

Now, I how do I do an alias Context in Tomcat's server.xml so that there is
only one Host/Context with multiple names??????

Thank you in advance.

Daniel Zen

Sema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the Sema UK
Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.