tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Warren Crossing <Warr...@nocode.com.au>
Subject RE: out of ideas on an error
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 04:50:26 GMT
Hey nullpointers happen all the time look at the stack trace and c if you
can work out whats wrong..
adcl loads the class at line 518 .. check it out what could be null?? the
byte stream.. wouldn't yu xpect a IOException ??
resolveClass is inherited and works pretty damn well.. but what could cause
a null pointer at line 588.. i don't know.. but look for telltale signs like
method invocation on member ( the member could be null )
maybe the class is in the classpath on the incorrect location.. remove from
classpath and put in server/lib or lib or webinf/lib or somewhere.. what
happens?

these things take for ever to solve.. good luck & best wishes =)

hey remember.. definite assignment detects possible npe @ compile time..

warren.

-----Original Message-----
From: Moin Anjum H. [mailto:moinanjum@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 29 May 2001 2:43 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: out of ideas on an error

Hi,

This is the most common error i get. I usually get if i try to compare or
concat string variables that are null in value. Please check are your string
variable.

HTH

Best Regards
Moin.

Kevin Fonner wrote:

I am attempting to set up a servlet which acts as and rmi client.  I am
getting an error which I don't understand.  Are their additional securitys I
have to set or something??Here's the error Internal Servlet Error:
java.lang.NullPointerException

        at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass0(Native Method)

        at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass(ClassLoader.java:588)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveClassLoader.j
ava:518)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveServletLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveServletLoad
er.java:174)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:265)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:289)

        at

        at
7)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)

        at
onnectionHandler.java:210)

        at

        at

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)