tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "CPC Livelink Admin" <cpclv...@fitzpatrick.cc>
Subject RE: Why does Internet Explorer think it is offline?
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 16:03:08 GMT

I have found that IE really wants to have the HTTP:// in front of the
localhost - On mine, it wants to change localhost:8080/whatever to
local:8080/whatever and I get a similar error to what you mention.

Could this be part of your problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: RODGERS,RICK (HP-Cupertino,ex3) [mailto:rick_rodgers@hp.com]
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 11:18 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Why does Internet Explorer think it is offline?

I am using tomcat with IE and am having problems with it.
Every time I start IE and try and access a Java Server Page or
servlet through "lolcalhost:8080/examples/jsp" the browser first complains
that the system is not connected to a network. I then click on
"try again" and the browser then seems to find the JSPand display it.
Is there a special setting for tomcat if the system is connected to a
hub?

Any thoughts?

Rick