tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Kilbride <j...@kilbride.com>
Subject Re: Setting up Virtual Hosts
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi Glen,

It definitely works with name-based hosts, because that's how I do it.
However, I set mine up like this:

Apache:
<VirtualHost www.mydomain.com>

server.xml:
<Host www.mydomain.com>

In your config, you're using an IP in the Apache VirtualHost directive and a
hostname in your server.xml config. I have a feeling that may be causing
your problems. Try changing your Apache config to use the host name in the
VirtualHost directive, rather than the IPAddress and see if that makes a
difference.

Thanks,
--jeff