tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: NT Service question
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 13:48:48 GMT

	I don't think that you really want to do this - remember that EACH
ACCOUNT has its own set of environment variables.  If you run Tomcat as the
System Account (the default account), I don't know if you can set the
environment variables.

	As the software is currently written, what you are trying to do is
not possible.  You will need to get the source of jk_nt_service and find the
portion of code that reads the file.  Then you probably want to do something
like replace %xxx% with the environment value of xxx.  This doesn't seem to
difficult, but I don't think its something that you really want to do - my
experience with system variables is that they are a nightmare to manage.  I
would prefer files any day.

	Another thought on how to do this might be to have one wrappers file
for each machine (i.e. wrappers-hostname.properties) and then when you
install the service use the appropriate file name.
You could then write your own installer which generates the appropriate
configuration file based upon the environment variables.

	Randy