tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sean Pritchard <spritch...@buildnet.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat + SSL Certificates
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 14:45:27 GMT
I generated a self-signed certificate using the keytool as discussed in the
tomcat doc.  It seems to be encrypting at 128-bit (according to my browser).
You will need a version of the security extensions (JSSE I think) that
supports 128 bit encryption.  I don't know whether the international version
supports that.  I have not tried to import a third party certificate yet.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Williamson [mailto:a.williamson@mis.strath.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 4:58 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Tomcat + SSL Certificates

Ylan, Sean,

Thank you for your replies.

I do have SSL working through Tomcat directly using a test certificate that
I got from the CA Thawte,  however it only seems to work with a standard
x509 certificate (40-bit)!

I'd really like to be able to make use of the latest SGC SuperCerts (as
Thawte badge them) which are 128-bit.  But I'm unsure of what Tomcat version
supports them, if it actually does and this is what I'm really trying to
find out.

Cheers,

Alan