tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sean Pritchard <spritch...@buildnet.com>
Subject RE: Problem in refresh the new jsp file
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 14:04:10 GMT
Have you found that disabling caching causes images included in the page to
be reloaded also?  I would prefer the page is reloaded, but the images are
cached.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hari Yellina [mailto:yellina@iprimus.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 8:18 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org; mascha.kluge@bytecom.net
Subject: Re: Problem in refresh the new jsp file

Hi All,

 As Mascha was telling you guys. Please add

response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache");
response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");

begining of your jsp page. I mean after page tag. This is really efecctive
solution. It has worked for me on IE 5 as well Netscape 4.3 4.7

Thanks for Mascha

Regards

Hari Yellina.