tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: JDBCRealm changes
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 07:35:17 GMT
> Hi Christian, I'm writing a document on interceptors at the
> moment, I can
> help you out if you need my help.
> The TC 3.2.1 JDBC realm is a pretty poor implementation since
> it is not
> using a connection pool or anything, also, if the connection
> breaks it will
> not reconnect either.

Connection Pooling will be available when the Jakarta-commons dbcp
package been released itself... and your other complaint ..theoretically
JDBCRealm tries to reconnect when found the connection closed or null,
and prior to trying to reconnect it nullifies the connection and gets
another connection... if you have a suggestion about JDBCRealm or a bug
that involves it ..please post the RFE or bug in
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla with your code
attached to the bug or rfe following guidelines on jakarta site
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html ..

TIA

Thanks for the Feedback..

Saludos ,